This class action lawsuit challenges Wisconsin Medicaid's categorical exclusion on gender-confirming treatments for transgender beneficiaries under Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act, the Fourteenth Amendment's Equal Protection Clause, and the Medicaid Act.
Ongoing lawsuit challenging the failure of HUD to enforce funding and other sanctions against the City of Houston, despite its knowledge that Houston was not in compliance with its civil rights obligations.
Ongoing lawsuit brought by the NAACP challenging the City of Myrtle Beach’s imposition of severe traffic restrictions during Black Bike Week, the only weekend of the year where tourists are predominantly African American.
Ongoing fifty-three plaintiff challenge to McIntosh County and State of Georgia’s denial of basic municipal services to one of the last Gullah-Geechee communities on Sapelo Island, Georgia.
News & Updates
In the Media
- WBTW News 13, 02.14.2019
- BuzzFeed News, 08.09.2018
- Wisconsin Gazette, 07.26.2018
- Wisconsin Public Radio, 07.26.2018
- #BikingWhileBlack: NAACP and Black Motorcyclists Sue Myrtle Beach, SC, for Discrimination During ‘Black Bike Week’The Root, 05.25.2018
- ThinkProgress, 04.30.2018
- Slate, 04.30.2018
- The Post and Courier, 02.27.2018
- The Intercept, 01.02.2018