This class action lawsuit challenges Wisconsin Medicaid's categorical exclusion on gender-confirming treatments for transgender beneficiaries under Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act, the Fourteenth Amendment's Equal Protection Clause, and the Medicaid Act.
This Administrative Procedures Act (APA) lawsuit, brought on behalf of the Texas Low Income Housing Information Service (Texas Housers), challenges the failure of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to address the City of Houston's chronic noncompliance with its civil rights obligations under Title VI and the Fair Housing Act.
This lawsuit, brought by the NAACP, challenges the City of Myrtle Beach’s imposition of severe traffic restrictions during Black Bike Week, the only weekend of the year where tourists are predominantly African American, in violation of the Fourteenth Amendment and federal civil rights laws.
This case against McIntosh County and the State of Georgia alleges that the denial of basic municipal services to one of the last Gullah-Geechee communities on Sapelo Island, Georgia violates plaintiffs' constitutional rights.
News & Updates
In the Media
- Health Law Daily, 04.26.2019
- Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 04.24.2019
- WBTW News 13, 02.14.2019
- BuzzFeed News, 08.09.2018
- Wisconsin Gazette, 07.26.2018
- Wisconsin Public Radio, 07.26.2018
- #BikingWhileBlack: NAACP and Black Motorcyclists Sue Myrtle Beach, SC, for Discrimination During ‘Black Bike Week’The Root, 05.25.2018
- Slate, 04.30.2018
- ThinkProgress, 04.30.2018
- The Post and Courier, 02.27.2018
- The Intercept, 01.02.2018