Relman Colfax PLLC is seeking a part-time accounting assistant who will be responsible for performing accounting and administrative duties that are essential to the operations of the firm. The accounting assistant is an important part of the accounting department and requires a detail-oriented person who can work well collaboratively. Candidates must also have significant experience with Excel. The accounting assistant will support the accounting functions by processing invoices, transactions, and expenses, as well as updating the accounting database.
- Update and maintain accounting database with data entry and reports
- Receiving, reviewing, coding bills to vendors for approval
- Process invoices and daily transactions and expenses
- Handle incoming calls from vendors regarding invoice and payment status
- Participate in the billing and cash receipts process
- Perform necessary administrative support functions
- Handle day-to-day accounting duties assigned by the accounting manager
- 1-3 years of experience working in accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Working knowledge of Excel
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume by email with the subject line “Accounting Assistant” to email@example.com.
Relman Colfax is an equal opportunity employer that maintains a supportive, equitable environment. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, familial status, family responsibilities, age, personal appearance, matriculation, disability, medical condition, genetic information, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or record of arrest or conviction. We encourage applications from people who identify with historically underserved or underrepresented communities.
Relman Colfax also provides reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Any applicant who needs an accommodation in the application process should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dana Melnik at (202) 728-1888.