This class action lawsuit challenges Wisconsin Medicaid's categorical exclusion on gender-confirming treatments for transgender beneficiaries under Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act, the Fourteenth Amendment's Equal Protection Clause, and the Medicaid Act.
In a historic victory for Ashton Whitaker and other transgender students, Relman, Dane & Colfax secured a landmark Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals decision in 2017 recognizing that Title IX and the Fourteenth Amendment protect transgender students from discrimination at school.
In this Fair Housing Act case, the firm obtained a $2.45 million settlement on behalf of an affordable housing developer challenging municipality’s unlawful actions to obstruct a proposed affordable housing development based on bias-motivated community opposition.
In the Media
- New York Times, 08.17.2018
- McKnight's Senior Living, 07.27.2018
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 07.26.2018
- Wisconsin Gazette, 07.26.2018
- Wisconsin Public Radio, 07.26.2018
- Slate, 04.30.2018
- ThinkProgress, 04.30.2018
- Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 01.12.2018
- Slate, 06.13.2017
- Washington Post, 06.02.2017
- Washington Post, 05.30.2017
J.D., Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
M.P.P., Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government
A.B., Princeton University
- District of Columbia
- New York