This class action lawsuit successfully challenged Wisconsin Medicaid's categorical exclusion on gender-confirming treatments for transgender beneficiaries with gender dysphoria.
In a historic victory for Ashton Whitaker, a transgender student in Wisconsin, the firm secured a landmark Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals decision in 2017 recognizing that Title IX and the Fourteenth Amendment protect transgender students from discrimination at school. The firm obtained an $800,000 settlement in January 2018.
In this Fair Housing Act case, Relman Colfax obtained a $2.45 million settlement on behalf of an affordable housing developer challenging municipality’s unlawful actions to obstruct a proposed affordable housing development based on bias-motivated community opposition.
NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc., "Post-Racial" America? Not Yet: Why the Fight for Voting Rights Continues After the Election of President Barack Obama (2009)
J. Wardenski, Comment, A Minor Exception: The Impact of Lawrence v. Texas on LGBT Youth, 95 J. Crim. L. & Criminology 1363 (2005)
In the Media
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, 12.10.2019
- Washington Post, 07.11.2019
- Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 04.24.2019
- New York Times, 08.17.2018
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 07.26.2018
- Wisconsin Gazette, 07.26.2018
- Wisconsin Public Radio, 07.26.2018
- Slate, 04.30.2018
- ThinkProgress, 04.30.2018
- Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 01.12.2018
- Washington Post, 06.02.2017
- Washington Post, 05.30.2017
J.D., Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
M.P.P., Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government
A.B., Princeton University
- District of Columbia
- New York